Factory Unlocked is looking to hire a Factory Floor Customer Manufacturing Consultant:
Factory Unlocked is seeking casual instructors with deep knowledge in several areas: Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operations, Welding, Advanced Woodworking, Sheet Metal Operations, Coating and Finishing Technologies, 3D Printing, CO2 and Fiber Laser Operations, Sewing, and/or Electronics Fabrication.
This position’s job functions are outlined below. But, next to safety, customer focus is number one. This position is responsible to provide instruction utilizing a mix of premade curriculua and your own experience to meet the needs of Factory Unlocked’s customer base. This base includes a multitude of customer types such as members, businesses, dedicated production firms, start-ups, corporations, institutions and their constituencies, and others. Duties include customer relationship management, instruction and assessment, excellent written and oral professional communication skills, and upselling customer workshops as needed.
Successful candidates should have in depth knowledge in multiple catagories listed above as well as general experience in design software, 3D modeling and printing, basic woodworking, metalworking, machining, sewing, welding, and the use of basic hand and power tools.
Position Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
• The safety of members, staff, equipment, and facilities. No exceptions.
• Provide leadership, training, coaching and advising to customers and staff.
• Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize student learning utilizing Basic Operation and Safety Workshop guidelines.
• Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
• Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse students needs.
• Employ available instructional technology, i.e. the Internet, telecourse, interactive technology, when appropriate.
• Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
• Contribute to the selection and development of instructional materials in accordance with workshop objectives.
• Ensure that the members and clients follow the guidelines set forth in the Members Guide and standard operating procedures of the facility.
• Assist all members and staff by answering questions about materials, equipment, training and programs.
• Engage with members and staff to provide an inclusive, welcoming, and learning environment for all.
• PA Act 33/34 and Act 114 clearances or the ability to obtain them is required.
• Continuous learning with regard to equipment, organization, facility, operation, use, materials and industry best practices.
Skills and Education:
• Bachelor of Arts or Science in Engineering, Industrial Design, Computer Science, Digital Technology, Digital Arts, Robotics, Graphic Arts and Design, Manufacturing Technology, or related field desired. Education requirements may be substituted with Journeyworker credentials from a verified apprenticeship program.
• Lifelong learning and continuous acquisition of skills, knowledge and applied experience in the field, in the lab, or on the job.
• Strong time management skills.
• Maker Professional Training preferred, but not required
• Proficient in Autodesk CAD Software, CAM Software (vCarve and Fusion 360 prefered), and/or Solid Works, with experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Customer Relationship Management Service software.
• Strong team ethic, collegial in approach to all .
• Proficiency in a wide array of knowledge, with specialization in one or two key areas of concentration, demonstrated by portfolio of work, experience, education, or independent self-study.
• Noise levels are moderate to high, PPE is available and must be worn when required.
• Non-smoking, tobacco or use of vape technology prohibited on facility site.
• Hazardous equipment, sharp objects, some cleaning chemicals, petroleum-based products, dust, and other exposures. PPE will be provided and must be worn in designated areas.
• Walking, standing, sitting, or bending for 80% of the day
• Some lifting, not over 40 pounds